Vision Machine Inc.
Use the G-Force Calculator below to calculate the G-Forces exerted on samples in a centrifuge.
- You should always set your centrifuge to the correct G-Force, as recommended by your centrifuge manufacturer.
- You can calculate G-Forces using inches for the diameter of the centrifuge.
- RPM stands for “revolutions per minute.” This is how centrifuge manufacturers will communicate and display how fast your samples are rotating around the axis of the rotor.
However, even at the same RPM, the centrifugal force applied to your samples can vary as a function of the diameter of the rotor. So, even when spinning at the same RPM, a larger diameter will produce larger forces just as a smaller diameter will produce smaller forces.
Belt Length Calculator
Use the Belt Length Calculator below to calculate the size of a belt based on the motor and rotor sheave sizes and center-to-center distances.
- Enter the motor sheave diameter in inches
- Enter the rotor sheave diameter in inches
- Enter the center-to-center distance in inches.