Vision Machine Inc.
Under minimal supervision sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions SUPERVISORY
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of
- Metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys, and other materials,
- Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance,
- Design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Three years related experience
- High school diploma or GED required LANGUAGE SKILLS Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
Fill out the form below to apply for the job position