Vision Machine Inc.
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer, utilizing G&M code (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Operator Machinist Skills and Qualifications:
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Read, Edit, & write G&M codes
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure the functionality
- Proven experience as CNC operator
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent;
Fill out the form below to apply for the job position